Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Establishing the Foundation

Following a disappointing loss to the Minnesota Vikings the Packers put the season under review through a microscope, trying to figure out what went wrong. Well, things were discussed between head coach/GM Mike Sherman and team president Bob Harlan.

One of the things was the hiring of a new General Manager Ted Thompson. Sherman's role with the team now is focused as the Green Bay Packers head coach.
"I've poured my heart and soul into this job since I've been here and I'm proud of what I've accomplished, both as a head coach and as a general manager," he said. "I look at this not as an obstacle, but as an opportunity for me to shift my focus to the football side of the business and less on the personnel side, although I will still continue to be involved in that process. This will in no way diminish my passion to do the very best job I can do in whatever capacity I'm called upon."

1 comment:

wi_dust_maker said...

Hey there,
Do you have any info. on Donald Drivers comments on Farve's retirement? Very hard to believe. I think Farve will play at least one more season.